15 Tips to Stay in Style While On A Budget
The latest styles and trends in clothing often come with a hefty price tag. For this reason, it is important that you do what you can to stay in style while staying on budget. Listed below are 15 tips to help you. Will your style fit into your budget?
• Take advantage of savings when possible. Keep a close eye on the sales papers. When your favorite styles go on sale, seize the opportunity to stock up. Deals of 30% off or more can add up to significant savings.
• Shop at large discount stores. Brand name clothing at discount prices is what you should be looking for when staying in style on budget. Shop at large discount stores that can offer you the brand names at discount prices.
• Use rewards from your credit card to buy clothes. Does the credit card program that you use offer rewards? Cash back on credit cards can help you get the clothes that you want. If you don’t have a credit card with rewards, perhaps it is time to make a change.
• Go to garage sales. Visit garage sales in prominent neighborhoods. These garage sales offer great deals on gently used clothing.
• Buy pieces of clothing that can work for any occasion. Staying in style on a budget means buying clothing that you can wear for all occasions. Choose styles that will work for times when you need to dress up and times when casual dress is welcomed.
• Make your own clothing. Do you know how to sew? If so, buy the patterns to your favorite style and make your own clothing.
• Borrow from a friend. Instead of buying the perfect styles, choose to borrow from a friend who has more than she can wear. The two of you may be able to make some trades.
• Create your own style. Instead of following expensive style trends, choose to create your own. Wear what you want to wear instead of buying the expensive brands that everyone else is wearing.
• Get discounts for defects. When searching through the clothing racks at your favorite stores, look for clothing that may have small defects such as a rip or tear. These defects can easily be fixed. Ask for a discount on the item.
• Have a buying plan. Don’t just buy clothes on impulse. Have a plan. Save a couple of weeks and then go shopping. It will give you more time to figure out exactly what styles will fit you.
• Fill out surveys. Some stores offer discounts for filling out surveys. Take the time to fill out the survey so that you can get the styles that you want on while on a budget.
• Take advantage of online savings. Online stores will sometimes sell for cheaper prices. Go to the store and try on the clothing to find your size. Once you have determined the size, visit the online store to make the purchase.
• Use store incentives when buying clothing. If the store offers a discount for using the line of credit, take advantage of these savings. Don’t forget to pay off the credit card after you cash in on the savings.
• Purchase off brand clothing. Search for clothing that has a similar look to the brand name, expensive clothing. Wearing only brand name clothing may not fit your budget. Off brand clothing can be just as nice.
• Go to end of season sales. End of season sales can help you get the most for the money. Buy winter clothes at the end of February and summer clothes at the end of August. While some of the clothing may go out of style the next year, classic pieces such as turtle necks and sweater will never go out of style. End of season sales can add up to significant savings and be very helpful to your budget.
Being in style doesn’t mean that you have to spend all your hard earned money on clothing. There are several ways that can maintain your style on budget. Use the tips above to help.