Buying Clothes for Your Girlfriend? Tips on How to get it Right
If you have made the brave decision to treat your girlfriend or wife to some new clothes you may find these tips to be useful. Secretly buying clothes is no easy task; however, it can be extremely romantic and thoughtful, providing you get it right. There are all sorts of minefields to cross though, so check through these tips before you start on your hunt.
Hunting (Shopping) Tips for Him
- Find the right department. Women’s clothing is usually separated into three departments. You’ll need to look in the petite section if your girlfriend is quite short and has a small frame, the plus size is for larger builds starting at around size 14 and the other section is for everything in-between.
- Find out what size your girlfriend wears, don’t guess. If you are looking to buy the outfit stealthily you will need to venture into her wardrobe. Don’t just pick out any clothing, look at the items that your girlfriends wears now. Most women keep clothes they no longer fit into knowing they can lose a few pounds and slip into their favourite pieces once more.
- Check her style; see what types of clothing and colours she likes. It can be risky to try and buy her something you will like but she probably won’t. If you want her to wear more colour do it subtly, perhaps stick to her usual colours when it comes to main items of clothing but accessorise with more colour. Take into consideration what you think she looks great in, are the trousers tight or lose fitting? Does she wear long sleeves more than short? Is she happy to show off her cleavage?
- What is her favourite outfit? A safe option is to choose clothing for her that you know without doubt she will adore. If she has a favourite skirt, top or jeans you could always buy her a similar piece of clothing in a slightly different colour. If she has some shoes or boots she loves you could buy them in a different shade to match the new clothes, then you have covered all the bases.
- Avoid going for what you think is overtly sexy. Let’s face it a lot of guys like to see their partners dress up for them. You have to find the fine line between what is sexy in your opinion and what your girlfriend will feel comfortable and confident wearing.
- Ask one of her friends. If you are having a struggle finding the right outfit, or you are a little unsure reaching out to a good mutual friend could help. Send them a link to the items you are considering and ask for their opinion. A good friend will help to guide you on the right path.
- Complete the outfit. When buying clothes you need to consider the accessories too. You may have found the perfect skirt and top but find that your girlfriend doesn’t wear it as she doesn’t have some matching shoes. Use online magazines for styling help and see what types of shoes look good with the clothing you have purchased. Have a look at your girlfriend’s current collection too; it will give you an idea of what attracts her in footwear.
- Finishing touches. If you really want to impress why not go all out and buy some matching underwear and a few pieces of jewellery or hair accessories. You don’t need to go mad, just a subtle necklace or bracelet can complete an outfit. Check what size underwear your girlfriend wears and buy sensibly. There is no point buying a black bra to go under a white shirt.
Now go get your reward!
Treating your girlfriend to some new clothes is a wonderfully romantic idea.